Home Health & Hospice
With Home Health and Hospice together, we make sure our patients receive the right care at the right time.
To rehabilitate, stablize and return patients to optimal health and independence.
What we do:
- Assess and monitor the disease process
- Teach early signs of exacerabations and when to contact the physician about changes in condition
- Teach nutrition, diet needs and hot make healthy choices
- Perofmr medication reconcilitation and education on dosage, safety, side effects, toxicities and adverse reactions
- Offer rehabilitative therapy programs
- Assist with activities of daily living
- Provide tools such as emergency plan and red flag indicators to help reduce hospitalization admissions including Congestive Heart Failure (CHF), COPD and sepsis pathways
- Home monitoring
Learn more about home health services here or call 434.799.2382.
To provide patients and families support and comfort as patients near the end of life
What we do:
- Provide pain and symptom management
- Provide medications, equipment and supplies related to terminal illness
- Coordinate with physicians to decrease the need for 911 calls and hospitalizations
- Provide 4 levels of care based on patient's needs: Routine Home Care, General Inpatient Care, Continuous Crisis Care, Inpatient Respite Care
- Assist with personal care (bathin, shaving, etc.)
- Help decrease anxiety, depression and other common emotions associated with termina lillnes
- Offer psychosocial, emotional and spiritual support to patient and family
- Focus on comfort