Sovah Hospice is committed to providing compassionate care to patients, families, and caregivers facing life-limiting illnesses. Hospice provides services that meet patients ’unique physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. Each patient experiences the dying process differently. It is the goal of the hospice team to develop a plan of care specific to each patient and his or her family and caregivers.
Sovah Hospice patients are cared for at home. Home environments include private residences as well as independent, assisted, and nursing home facilities. Home hospice services provide pain control and symptom management to patients and support to their families. Medical equipment, supplies, medications, and caregiver training are additional services provided in your hospice benefit.
Hospice services are provided under Medicare and Medicaid as well as most private insurance policies. Hospice services are available to anyone with a life expectancy of 6 months or less if the disease runs its normal course and who are not seeking curative measures.
The Highest Level of Care and Comfort:
- Four levels of hospice care:
- routine home hospice care
- continuous care
- general short term inpatient care
- respite care
- Interdisciplinary team: patient, patient’s primary caregivers, patient’s family, medical director, attending physician, registered nurses, medical social workers, chaplains/counselors, hospice aides, volunteers, and other special services as applicable.
- Medical supplies, medications, and equipment related to hospice diagnosis
- Bereavement counseling
- 24-hour access to clinical staff, including weekends and holidays
We are licensed by the Virginia Department of Health and Medicare Certified.
Our service area includes all of Danville/Pittsylvania County and Martinsville/Henry County and parts of Halifax and Campbell counties.